Did you ever wish to have a (turbulent) measurements time-series at each turbine position of your planned or existing wind farm?
Now, you can get something outstandingly similar!
After two years of development on NCAR cutting-egde WRF-LES model, we are proud to offer you probably the most measurement-like set of synthetic wind time series currently available on the market:
Vortex Large Eddy Simulations (LES).
When to use LES?
When no measured wind is available (or reliable) to characterize mean flow and turbulence.
- Any location world-wide, both on and off-shore.
- No measurements needed.
- 1-full year period: selectable or long-term representative.
- Physically computed 10-min average records.
- Based on 4-Hz samples, including 3-second gust.
- Wind-speed standard deviation for Turbulence Intensity calculation.
- All heights included from 50 to 150m allowing for shear and veer calculation.
- Selectable source: NCEP, NASA and ECMWF.
Would you like to learn more?
Watch the Vortex LES launch webinar:
presented at WindEnergy Hamburg on September, 29th.