Once you have enough local measurements at your potential wind farm site it is time for the serious decisions: MCP for long-term extrapolation is one of them. Vortex SERIES will provide you the best correlation for most of your sites but this is for you to check: previously to any purchase, download 6-months for free.
When to use SERIES?
When local measurements are already available and long-term extrapolations are required.
- Any location world-wide, both on and off-shore.
- 3 km resolution, centered on the selected point.
- 10 and 20+ years long, hourly data.
- Selectable source: NCEP, NASA and ECMWF.
- Wind speed and direction, temperature & pressure.
- Selectable time zone to match measurements timestamp.
- Updated monthly at no cost (conditioned to Reanalysis availability).
- Long-Term Consistency Analysis (Contact us to request a sample report).
- Free 6 months samples since Jan 1, 2001.
- Remodeling (enhaced MCP). Technical details here (Tortosa et al. 2014)
- TXT files for WindPro, WindFarmer, Windographer…